I made some mistakes here and there ( to thick layers, not enough highlights,...). Right after I finished him I started looking at soms tutorials about layering and blending. And spotted lots of things I did wrong.
I'm taking the lessons to my next miniature. Which will be for The Fellowship of the Miniatures' Painting Challenge 2014.
I started to assemble my bird-friend ;-). Really like the miniature so far, but the clean up took me lots of time already ( lots of chips, non fitting parts that need some customizing and hot water ).
And then there is this cool guy that joined my ranks since this week. He will be the captain for my second warband in a full Moria army.