Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The watcher in the water

I chose the watcher in the water for our annual painting challenge. I tried to give him a partly water base and experimented a bit. Hope you guys like it :).

Thursday, September 24, 2015

A lot done, but still far from finished (third update smaug)

I made decent progress the past 2 evenings. I started on smaug's body with thesame red colors as the wings and afterwards masked the reds with tape and airbrushed the top in browns. I actually haven't touched a brush and I like it! This model really lends itself to airbrushing because it is so big. I will certainly make highlights on the browns of his back and wash it with some kind of red/purple to fit the color a bit more with the reds. 

I am really having fun painting this model!
The only thing I don't like is that the reds really don't show as nice in the pictures as they are, and I can't figure out how to adjust my settings to make them more lifelike.

   khorne red+doombull brown+black

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wargs and Uruks

A while ago I started painting some wild wargs to join forces with my goblins. I gave them a white skin to differentiate them from my other wargs:

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Enormous wings (second update smaug)

I bought an airbrush, practiced on a few horses and afterwards decided to use it on smaug. I have first highlighted smaug with white, and afterwards started painting the wings. I used doombull brown,  khorne red and highlghted afterwards with evil sunz scarlet.

The wings are obviously not finished yet, but I think it's already a nice base to start the standard painting on.

Smaug, based black and highlighted white as a basecoat

A very detailed miniature!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Counting the collection

My time as a student has come to an end. I moved out of my studio to our new apartment, my fiancee and me. I finally have a decent space to store all of my lotr stuff :D. I cataloged my entire collection just last year, but after a while I lost track, due to the lack of space and the rising amount of miniatures. All the moving and unboxing, together with a brand new built Ikea table made the perfect opportunity to catalogue the collection once again. I took some pictures of the process.

All my unboxed miniatures

 From the other side of the table:

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Winged Nazgûl!

This week I finished my Winged Nazgûl. This is my entry for our annual Painting Challenge
(I converted the head of the Fellbeast, combined the two options into a new one).