Saturday, December 13, 2014

I'd rather share a drink with cockroaches than sit next to you!

Aah Saturday again!! So time for a painttable update! Last Thursday we had one of our Fellowship paint evenings and I started work on a miniature for Freebooter's Fate called Curly Ann. Well actually I started painting it a long long time ago, but never got very far. So I picked it up again and started with going over the paint allready on there.

A week or 2 ago me and some Fellowship friends bought a dvd set Masterworks Painting with Jessica Rich and I have been trying to apply some of the techniques that are shown on the dvd. It is going to be a hell of a learning curve, but I'm liking it!



I first redid her coat and I'm quit satisfied with how it turned out. I have also done the eyes and have applied a first shading to her face and 2 higlights to the entire skin. The greens and greys on the model are from back in the day. They will also get redone





I wanted to get a little further, but I was getting tired. I cleaned out my painting room earlier today and that took quite some time. But it had to be done.

I a little related news I found this video about using the P3 wet palette. I have been using mine for a long time, but I still struggled with it. Thanks to the "hack" in the video my painting session today went alot smoother.

Untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment