Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mordor update and the beginning of a dwarf army

I started with the great beast of Gorgoroth. The beast itself is nearly finished. I still need to do the base.































I also bought these foam trays. They really are amazing. I can now stuff up to 200 models in one games workshop figure case.

And last but not least, I started with my dwarf army. From the 300+ models I still need to paint, nearly 100 where dwarfs. So painting this army will hopefully reduce the backlog.
The dwarf host will be divided into three kinbands. The first one will be "The Ravens" with a blue and gold paint scheme. This kinband will be lead by a captain, a banner and Murin and Drar.
The first warriors:



The second kinband will have a red/gold paint scheme led by Balin and the last kinband will be green/gold. I will divide the dwarf warriors and Khazad guard equally among them but I can't figure out what to do with the dwarf rangers.

Shall I paint the cloaks in the same colour as the warriors? Or keep the camouflage and paint it grey?

No comments:

Post a Comment